We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our Internal customers. The support engineer will need to diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
The Technical Support Engineer role includes resolving network issues, configuring operating systems, and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
• Ask customers targeted questions to understand the root of the problem quickly
• Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
• Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
• Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are properly logged
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Prepare accurate and timely reports
• Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
• Understanding and maintaining good customer service skills is essential.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
• Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux or similar technologies is a plus.
#LI PLM #LI-AA1
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.