The SI Production Manager role will have overall leadership responsibility for the day-to-day production activity of the System Integration business as part of the Siemens Analytical Products & Solutions business in Houston. The facility is the global Center of Competency for Siemens Gas Chromatograph and Systems Integration production. This role will be responsible to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality integrated systems within budget and in a manner which embraces and enhances our zero-harm safety culture. They will continuously guide and provide leadership while balancing employee, material and machine to meet an operational excellence plan consistent with customer needs, inventory constraints and profit requirements. They must successfully define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
Responsible to align Production’s daily tactical activity with Siemens global, divisional and local strategies to ensure the Department supports the business needs and our customers’ requirements with a strong focus on achieving a zero-harm safety culture. Develops and manages departmental budgets and business plans. Responsible for innovation to continuously enhance or improve existing policies, products, and methods. Identifies resource needs and develops justification. Troubleshoots and resolves very complex problems. Recommends organizational structures and supervisory relationships for department. Responsible for overall implementation and successful deployment of the manufacturing function to include:
- Interface with customers as needed to explain production status / issues in a manner which instills confidence in our ability to successfully implement their order.
- Track employee performance and give employee regular performance feedback to develop high performing culture
- Supervises multiple employees, including shop floor supervisors.
- Maintains and enhances culture of ownership and high-performance standards
- Responsible for employees to include direction, hiring, firing and promotion decisions.
- BS in related operations excellence discipline or combination of proven performance in operations leadership roles and appropriate training.
- Demonstrated knowledge in an industrial environment of involved scope: Electrical, Tubing & Instrumentation
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems and their optimal use. Ideally SAP.
- Proven track record in driving continuous improvement through team building, workforce motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Experience with Lean Enterprise Management
- Experience with Process Analytics equipment, their use and construction methods
- Experience with Factory Digitization and automation technologies
- Experience with change management and high-performance culture development
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing a one-piece flow, pull manufacturing system.
- Able to read electrical & mechanical schematics, blueprints & drawings.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.