Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Accountant - Financial Reporting
The Shared Service Accounting organization provides Accounting support and direction on various accounting operations to the operating companies. The Accountant will work directly with the business on very complex accounting activities in accounting (IFRS 15, IFRS 16), logistic processes, migration/projects, account reconciliation and preparation/and approve journal entries. Provides support and guidance in accordance with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) Develops and guides the preparation of various accounting and/or tax reports. Develops, analyzes and maintains ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and fiscal reports. Ensure accurate and complete reporting of all accounting and closing processes including audit interface. The candidate must be able to interact with the all levels of managements within the business.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Accounting and works closely with the Business.
• Provide direction and support to the Business Units for General Accounting Month-end and Quarterly closing on various ERP systems i.e. SAP, Oracle
• Advanced Technical Accounting knowledge needed to analyze and resolve accounting topics independently
• Display a high level of critical thinking, bring successful resolution to high-impact to complex topics and ensure they are aligned with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines.
• Build and maintain customer relations and provide support to various Business units and other department.
• Review processes to ensure alignment with SFRG and implement any necessary changes. Support any training effort to the business based on guidelines.
• Performs complex analyses of financial process flow to validate controls, harmonize processes, increase efficiencies and ensure accuracy of financial transactions.
• Review and Approve very complex entries in accordance with IFRS.
• Preparation and submittal of monthly and quarterly financial statement and analytics within strict timelines.
• Responsible for various reconciliations and resolving accounting issues to reduce variances.
•Coordination and preparation of Federal, State and Property Tax Reports.
•Participation in adhoc Projects including multi-phase integration projects •Extensive support for internal/external audit requirements.
Required Knowledge / Skills and Experience
• Strong understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards. Knowledge of Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines preferred but not required.
• Experience in addressing and resolving non-routine/complex accounting topics in a timely manner and satisfactory conclusions, working with senior management and all levels of operational management.
• Proficiency with standard ERP systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
• Expert with Microsoft Tools i.e. Excel, SQL, Access etc.
• The ability to work under tight timeline, pressure and the capability to make quick decision with accuracy.
• Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work independently or as part of a team.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly communicate and present unusual and/or complex concepts or issues in a convincing manner across all levels of management.
• Strong analytical and research skills.
• Project management skills - ability to structure, control and drive projects to successful completion.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• 5-7 year’s public/private accounting experience.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.