Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Project Manager for our Rail Infrastructure Electrification business to support the Edinburgh Tram extension project. Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Manager supports the delivery of this high-profile project with responsibility of finishing safely, on schedule, to budget, to the required standard, achieving the required quality and attaining the customer's satisfaction.
We are looking for someone with experience of project managing small, technically complex, multi-faceted projects but not necessarily within the rail industry. This is a rewarding role that will allow you to join and existing team and develop your skills in our established and successful business.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Projects include but are not limited to: design, manufacture, delivery, installation, test & commission into service, and handover of railway E&P, OLE, power, traction power and services contracts, including associated works.
- Is responsible, when necessary, to managing the tender process or target cost process, including internal approvals.
- As part of developing target cost will identify to the customer the company’s technical and commercial benefits. On all occasions assist in obtaining opportunities for the company to bid and secure further projects with a profitable potential.
- Where required lead or directly undertake/ contribute to the preparation of accurate project estimates ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Ensure compliance with pre-commencement company procedures for allocated projects with respect to execution and completion, to ensure that the company liabilities and risks on the project are minimised.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project professional team, and other relevant decision-makers.
- Ensure delivery to programme, technical and quality requirements and the accuracy of progress/ cost reporting etc.
- Ensures the structure of their project team are adequate to meet the project delivery requirements and company HSQE requirements.
- Establishes highly motivated high performing, success orientated teams to meet estimating, programme or project requirements.
- Derives project aims from the agreement, considering all deliverables and interested parties (stakeholders). e.g. costs, schedules, functions, engineering and programmes.
- Clearly defines overall concept of the project e.g. project overview, contract structure, detailed planning of individual works packages, resource planning, scheduling, project documentation, project organisation, interface management (to other Divisions and Groups, consortium partners and subcontractors etc.), structure and procedure of configuration management, procedures for construction, erection and commissioning, definition of measurement criteria and control data for the project etc.
- Defines procedures and requirements for quality management (inspection certificates, tests, acceptance, handover, hand back etc.)
- Continuous improvement of project management practices, procedures and instructions in line with Siemens values.
What Knowledge and Experience do I need?
- Previous experience in the role of Project Manager on small technically complex projects
- Experience could be from a Civils, Construction, Engineering, Infrastructure or Rail background
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- APM qualified preferable
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution.
- Electrical or Engineering degree qualified (preferable)
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
- Has a good working knowledge programme software (e.g. P6e) and in the establishment and management of programmes.
- Permanent Position
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits scheme designed to suit your personal needs
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time