Embedded Software Engineer - Oxfordshire
Fantastic opportunity to join our innovative engineering team at Siemens Magnet Technology near Oxford.
Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join us, you will be part of our successful R&D engineering team developing electronics products for superconducting magnets for medical MRI systems.
If you have a background in embedded software development, or electronics design with an emphasis on embedded software development, good problem solving skills and can effectively manage a wide range of design challenges in a multidisciplinary engineering team then we would love to hear from you.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ownership of the embedded software and mixed signal electronic design aspects of the control and monitoring system for MRI superconducting magnets. Collaborating with engineers and designers located both locally and globally to deliver design solutions.
- Developing with stakeholders the hardware requirements and taking through from design and simulation to products with full compliance within the relevant medical device regulations.
- Technical support for manufacturing and customer services departments for the developed products.
- Working within and looking to improve the company processes for the development and maintenance of the products.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good degree or equivalent in Electronic or Software Engineering, or a related Science or Engineering subject.
- Experience of embedded microcontroller software design and relevant design tools.
- Relevant electronic design and development experience preferably of mixed signal (analogue/digital) design including programmable devices and associated programming languages (e.g. C, VHDL).
- Experience of Communication Buses and communication protocols (e.g. RS232, CAN, SPI). Experience of developing CAN based applications would be an advantage.
- Experience of formal software Verification & Validation processes for product development activities. Use of SVN (or similar) for versioning control and maintenance of code.
- Experience of design for medical equipment or of working in a similarly regulated industry is advantageous.
- Proven track record of delivering products within budget constraints and challenging timescales.
- Excellent communication skills and capable of contributing positively to multidisciplinary design teams, working in an Agile framework, but also capable of operating in a proactive manner as required.
Benefits of this role:
You’ll work on software engineering projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time