At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Global Commodity Manager – Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS)
Global Cross-Divisional responsibility for a total Purchasing Volume (PVO) in excess of EURO 170mil. in the material field of Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS).
Management, controlling and measurement of pooling and Procurement activities in leading a virtual global team. Striving for industry leading strategies, processes and set up with the goal of sustainable world class outcomes to maximize the contribution to the operating units.
Establishing prime supplier relationships with the industry’s best to minimize risk, optimize results and collaboratively define the path forward.
Effectively integrate the SHS activities with Siemens AG pooling and represent the Healthineers interest.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the
next step in their career. As a Global Commodity Manager, you will be
- Commodity Team
- Coordinate and manage a global virtual team to achieve optimized conditions and contribution to net income from material through collaborative, targeted activities and to increase profit from company-wide cross-divisional strategy and procurement.
- PVO transparency
- Ensure global PVO transparency by, amongst others, ensure correct commodity coding (ESN coding) and correct reporting.
- Commodity strategies
- Define, implement and communicate commodity strategy cross-functionally to ensure long-term, cost-efficient, supply of materials.
- Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize Contribution of Net-Income from Material (CNI). Negotiate global frame contracts with key suppliers.
- Global Value Sourcing (GVS)
- Organize and support global sourcing projects with total cost approach.
- Foster usage of eProcurement tools (eRfX / eAuction/ eBidding) to improve Procurement process and efficiency
- Savings and relevant KPIs
- Generate, document and implement savings (DI 1-4); plan, monitor and report relevant KPIs (e.g. CNI, eAuctions, Supply Base Optimization, GVS share) and ensure the target achievement within the Commodity to contribute to business success and make results transparent
- Knowledge management
- Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep stakeholders up to date
- Supplier Management
- Perform Supplier Management: Supplier Qualification, documentation and communication of strategic and key supplier’s data, regular supplier and strategic evaluations and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimized supply chain. Ensure 100% quality as key to success.
- Maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces to gather information, fully inform network partners and ensure information exchange with relevant interfaces
- Cross material fields responsibilities
- Work with relevant component pooling units as well as Cost Value Engineering (CVE) to ensure world class cost position.
- Dimensions / KPI’s:
- Responsibility for regional Commodity team
PVO and CNI of respective Commodity, based on material scope. Savings with EBIT impact. Non-Conformance Cost. Payment terms.
Heads of Procurement, SCM Heads, Engineering leads, Category Managers; Consultants, Cost Value Engineers, Procurement Engineers
Business Owners and Supplier’s top management level, Consulting
Position location: This position can reside at either Malvern, PA or Glasgow, DE site locations
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in technical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10+ years industry experience preferably in the healthcare sector. Experience should include Procurement or Supply Chain preferably in a global organization that included managing direct relationships with suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate including expertise in contract management.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to lead teams and interact effectively with all levels of a large global organization.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.