Siemens Simulation and Test Solution (STS) has an open position for a 12-month intern within the Documentation team for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related products.
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is used by thousands of engineers around the world in multiple industries to simulate aerodynamics, heat transfer, reacting flows, particle dynamics, and solid stress. The Documentation team is responsible for producing end-user documentation, tutorials, and other technical information for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and other products. The team is distributed across several offices in Europe and the US, including the Hammersmith office in London. This position is for the Hammersmith office.
As a software engineering intern within the Documentation Team, your goal will be to enhance the web-based publishing output for Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Alongside this goal you will have opportunity to research and contribute to automation processes required by the team, and to solve technical challenges in providing a modern experience for information development and dissemination.
As an intern, you will contribute to the goals of the team in helping our customers achieve success. Specifically, you can expect to:
- Become familiar with the DITA Open Toolkit (an XSLT-based publishing tool)
- Build a publishing plugin for HTML5 based on a commercially-available Web Help framework
- Solve technical challenges related to DITA XML
- Improve team productivity by developing authoring utilities that access the SDL Tridion Docs API
In achieving these objectives, you will:
- Learn to use XML development tools and environment (SDL Tridion Docs)
- Learn to use XSLT in-depth along with ANT and other build tools
- Have opportunity to use other technologies as projects require (for example, C# or Java)
As an applicant for this position, you must:
- Be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Technologies, or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong affinity with code development and web technologies
- Be willing to tackle new challenges independently and as part of a team
To be considered, please submit your CV along with your Cover Letter
Please note: candidates must have a valid visa or full right to work in the location of this posting to be considered.
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Our Digital Industries division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to our industrial customers in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time