Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
• Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
• Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
• Perform network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
• Implement graphical user interface (GUI).
• Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
• Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
• Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
• Complete startup of typical systems.
• Operate PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
• Perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
• Effective management of time.
• Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
• Responds to calibrations specific customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work,
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, verification and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and recommends the best course of action.
Required Education, and Experience
• Minimum: HS Diploma with relevant experience.
• Required travel: 10%
• Required experience: Demonstrable electromechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
• Comfort in a Construction Environment
• Basic understanding of IP Networking
• Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
• Comfortable in most aspects of computer operation.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree
• Preferred experience: 2+ years BAS field experience
• Preferred knowledge/skills:
o Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
o Basic Electrical Troubleshooting
o Exposure to Engineered Documents (Submittals, Specifications, Blueprints)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.