We are hiring a Mechanical Project Developer to join our Building Automation team in Scarborough, ME! As a Mechanical Project Developer, you will play a key role in performing and supervising preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify potential mechanical opportunities. You will also assist sales in development, procurement and execution of mechanical projects, as well as coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to mechanical project estimates.
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people who want to take on the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you? We invite you to join our team!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicate design concepts with outside vendors, consultants, or Siemens project managers as it pertains to the scope of mechanical projects.
- Develop calculations, preliminary and detailed reports and contract exhibits; assists in proposal development.
- Apply building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings.
- Develop savings M&V plans compliant to local and international standards.
- Work directly with the sales and operations teams in the branch from scope development through project execution.
- Participate in pre-sale activities and work closely with sales and business development managers to identify and qualify customer opportunities. This will require coordination and understanding of sales funnel development and key criteria needed to qualify opportunities.
- Follow all internal, external processes and coordination with stake holder for innovative and flawless solution Development.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
What you need to bring:
- BS or MS in Engineering or related degree preferred, however, a High School Diploma (or GED equivalency) is a minimum requirement.
- 3+ years practical and specialized experience with HVAC Mechanical Service Projects. Experience in construction required.
- International PMP certification required.
- 20+ years of experience in HVAC mechanical projects from conception through installation preferred.
- Ability to work with different stake holders in Energy Business; internal and external with sound Knowledge of Facility Management processes followed in the building industry.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and quantify energy savings and implement complex projects involving chiller and boiler plants, motors, VFDs, HVAC retrofit and distributed generation projects.
- Practical working knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Knowledge of measurement and verification, project cost estimating and accounting desired.
What you will receive:
- Ownership Culture and Career options!
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
- Extra Employee Discounts
- Company Vehicle Plan
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.