Fire Alarm Installation Technician – Memphis, TN
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing in Memphis, TN. Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Installation Technician II with background installing and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Fire Installation Technician II position is based out of our Memphis office and supports customers in Greater Mid-South market.
- Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinates with electricians and general contractors in the process of installing systems.
- Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing, and modifications as necessary.
- Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
- Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order
- Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
- Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
- Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
- Associates Degree preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field experience will also be considered
- Must have prior experience with the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, Electrician experience desired.
- Strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.