Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honour our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as a Data Scientist based in Melbourne. As a Data Scientist for Siemens Healthineers you play a lead role in the analysing and enriching our data to support solving business-specific questions and problems to generate viable market offerings.
• Maintain network to customers, business experts and other subject matter experts to understand business data analytics requirements and identify data analytics driven business opportunities
• Conduct data exploration and identify relevant data sets and new relations in data
• Identify further data requirements and integrate such data
• Develop and test prototypes in an industrial environment, validate and communicate results to answer targeted business questions
• Develop marketable (product grade quality) analytic models, configure and deploy algorithms, selects optimal tool and define visualization method/tool to display results
• Set up visualization systems to display results in most appropriate way based on cognitive science
• Define and provide requirements to IT infrastructure
• Determine sustainable processes to support fast growing data volumes and ensuring of data quality and data accessibility together with the data architect
• Collaborate with Enterprise IT, service and product business units to maintain analytics models
• Implement and manage big data analytics projects and present results to stakeholders inside and outside the company
• Explore new
innovative technologies and open source projects
• Degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
• Strong Analytical skills
• Sound knowledge on statistics/stochastics
• Hands-on programming experience (of minimum one year)
• Experience in working with large data sets, incl. SQL coding (of minimum 6 months)
• Experience in data integration, data transformation, evaluation of data quality and data cleansing
• Hands-on experience in implementing analytical algorithms (e.g. prediction models)
• Generally IT-savvy (able to solve day-to-day IT challenges independently)
• Experience working with SAS Tools (Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Data Integration Studio, Visual Analytics) is an added advantage
• Strong project management skills
• Open to travel for business
• Knowledge in MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint
In order to push the boundaries in our exciting and challenging industry, our shared sense of common purpose guides our decisions and day-to-day work. We work in a flexible and dynamic environment that allows for our own priorities. And while we respect each other’s individuality, we are proud of the high level of team spirit we share.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us today.
Applications close or sooner if sufficient applications are received.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Curious about our culture?
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time