Rolling Stock Engineer – Wheelsets
Siemens Rail Systems currently have some fantastic opportunities for Mechanical Rolling Stock Engineers to join our growing Engineering team. The Rolling Stock Engineer - wheelsets will provide engineering leadership, supporting a variety of train systems, with a focus on wheelsets and underframe equipment as part of the Engineering Services Team to achieve effective fleet performance and life cycle costs throughout the Rolling Stock Business. As a rapidly expanding team, we have scope for the successful candidates to be based across multiple sites including Northampton, Manchester, Doncaster, Crawley, Hornsey and Southampton.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake investigations of local and multi-fleet engineering issues.
- Mitigate associated engineering risks related to safety and technical issues ensuring no additional risks are imported to the operational railway
- Lead investigations into Safety Related Defects / Technical Incidents
- Develop modification procedures required to improve safety and performance issues.
- Provide engineering expertise to support the development of maintenance optimisation, component overhaul and repair regimes. Utilising standard engineering tools e.g. RAMS.
- Production of specifications for engineering activities.
- Production of risk assessments and business cases to support engineering recommendations as required.
- Undertake component condition assessments to support the development and improvement of rolling stock maintenance regimes.
- Produce recommendations for re-engineering and repair processes as applicable.
- Monitor industry practices to identify processes, maintenance and material changes that will improve rolling stock performance and achieve business objectives.
- Provision of on-site technical support to key supplier’s in support of on-going activities.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Proven experience of rolling stock maintenance, planning and IT systems.
- Knowledge of passenger or freight railway wheelsets
- Relevant Engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
- Good communication skills written & oral.
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
- Experience of Rail Vehicle maintenance and repair activities.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status.
- Experience with reverse engineering to find alternative suppliers for components, making use of limited information and drawings.
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time