Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 203689
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Kansas City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people wit the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team and a Machinist and you will use micrometers and other measuring tools to repair large, 500 pounds to 10 tons, rotating equipment. The majority of your work is lathe work for shaft repair. You will also do millwork to make specialty items necessary for the repairs. All your work is performed to tight tolerances.
What are your responsibilities?
Receives oral and written instructions from supervisor or job lead. Performs work as instructed to meet project requirements.
Operates lathes, drill presses, boring machine and other machine tools to perform a variety of machine operations.
Trim, burr and grind after machining.
Assist dynamically balancing rotating equipment.
Assist in preparing bearings for babbitting, plugging with wood and in pouring Babbitt on large bearings.
- Perform standard welding operations and cut and burn materials. Chip, clean and grind welds.
- Inspect parts for proper sizes and tolerances.
- Turn and undercut commutators.
- Set up and operate hydraulic press to press on/off shafts, commutators, cores, etc.
- Perform metalizing operations on end brackets.
- Clean and oil machines, keep work area neat, clean and orderly.
- Use all safety equipment and follow established safety procedures.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Machinist training required.
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Ability to use the following equipment: lathes, hydraulic presses, balancing machine, grinders, milling machines, boring mills, drill press, metal spray equipment, reciprocating saw, industrial trucks, electric welding equipment, air arc burning equipment, grinder, sander, all types measuring equipment, miscellaneous power and hand tools, jigs and fixtures, cranes, required safety equipment, etc.
- Travel required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.