Sr. Deep Learning Scientist - Neuro Imaging
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 208753
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Medical Imaging Technologies Team of Siemens Healthineers Technology Center has openings in Princeton, NJ for Senior Research Scientists with focus on Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence methods in Neuro-imaging and Analysis.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated candidates. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment.
Are you ready to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems?
- Research, design and implement disruptive algorithms for neuro-imaging and artificial intelligence
· Neuro-imaging (structural MRI, functional MRI, diffusion MRI image analytics)
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Work on large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of medical imaging product components.
- Work with customers to understand algorithm and workflow requirements and deliver solutions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience (including Ph.D. study) Expertise and Experience in Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Vision fields
- Strong theoretical and practical background in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Applied Mathematics, Medical Imaging
- Strong publication record in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Medical Imaging
- Strong coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ with proven track record. Experience in GPU, scripting languages such as python, Deep learning libraries is a must
- Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English a must
- Drive and motivation for career development and open to taking on challenges
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment