Moving Mesh Generation Software Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 209929
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon, United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
This advanced level software development position requires expertise in computational geometry, moving mesh generation, and creating high-quality C++ software on distributed memory parallel computer architectures for STAR-CCM+.
• Develop innovative and novel software solutions to support changing the numerical mesh to support an evolving, moving, multiphysics simulation, such as creating and enhancing sliding nonconformal mesh interfaces and solution adaptive meshing.
• Create, extend, and maintain well-designed, high-quality, robust, C++ software that performs well on distributed memory computer architectures. This includes understanding requirements, writing user stories, creating software designs, implementing Java and C++ code, writing technical documentation, participating in peer-based design and code reviews, and collaborating with QA and documentation teams to deliver and maintain high quality code.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Master’s or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in hands-on coding and simulation software development.
• Experience with engineering simulation software. (3+Years)
• Experience with computational and discrete geometry. (3+ Years)
• Experience with unstructured meshing, mesh intersection, and moving mesh. (3+ Years)
• Experience with distributed, shared, or hybrid memory parallel computation. (3+Years)
• Ability to write cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ code.
• Ability to clearly communicate (verbally or in writing) complex technical issues in English.
• Ability to work on teams and collaborate with team members.
Preferred Expertise and Experience:
• Experience with adaptive mesh refinement (AMR) and coarsening.
• Agile software development practices.
• Java programming.