Project Manager-Rail Systems
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 210055
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
Siemens Rail Systems is seeking a professional Project Manager with a proven track record of managing complex projects.As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the execution of light rail projects ranging from $10M to $200+M in value and durations from 3-5 years. The Project Manager is responsible for project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include directing resources in a matrix structured organization, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. The PM is the focal point for customer communication for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Projects Director.
• Profit & loss for assigned projects.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans.
• Lead and monitor customer negotiations for changes in scope, cost and schedule.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external customers.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: bachelor's degree.
• Required experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacture, or Heavy Industry Manufacture.
• Required travel: 25+%
• Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail, locomotive and rail car manufacturing. PMI PMP certification is a plus.
• Preferred past experience: 5 years of experience related to the construction rail vehicles or of heavy machinery is preferred.
• Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, or manufacturing preferred. Technical experience with complex products and system integration also considered.