Senior Weld / Manufacturing Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 211606
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Completes the development and implementation of complex performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
• Performs complex inspections and investigations by gathering data related to proper utilization of company labor, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Performs complex planning of equipment layout, workflow, and accident prevention measures to maintain optimum and safe utilization of plant resources.
• Completes the determination of the most economic methods, operation sequence, and tooling for the fabrication and welding of parts and finishing and assembly of components for complex processes.
• Completes designs and develops complex schematic, processes, and equipment.
• Completes complex manufacturing engineer duties; may include plant layout, scrap reduction and quality assurance functions.
• Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field.
• Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Must have demonstrated experience in the design, documentation, and build of tooling and fixtures for weld.
• Primary area of responsibility will be the Weld Department. Including methods, process certification, tooling, and equipment
• Experience with robotic weld and tooling for robotic weld is desired.
• Experience with robotic weld programming is desired.
• Secondary area of responsibility will be Fabrication (Plasma, Press Brake, Saw, etc.)
o Advanced modeling (Inventor and/or UG) and simulation experience a plus.
o Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
o Familiarity with SAP a plus.
• Ability to understand technical documentation including:
o Weld standards, processes, and certifications.
o Piece part, weldment, and assembly drawings.
o Material specifications.
o Component specifications.
o Equipment specifications.
o Technical journals and reports.
o Knowledge of Lean and 5S principles a plus