Application Engineer - Drives and Moton
Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 211799
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The role of the Drive and Motion Application Engineer is to provide expert level support on Siemens Drives and Motion products in a number of applications, with system retrofits being a key focus. In this role you will work with the General Motion Control business segment to help design and implement customer software conversions from competitor products to Siemens Drives and Automation.
This position reports to the Product and Application Consulting Director within the Motion Control Business Unit.
A deep knowledge of Rockwell Drives and Motion products is required for this positon. Previous experience with Siemens Drives and Motion Controls would be an advantage.
- Responsible for development of applications and conversions for Drives and Motion
- Commission machines and get sign off for acceptance from customer for new processes and or new machines
- Analyze and debug complex Drives and Motion control systems / machine processes.
- Develops and validates prototype solutions for new machines/applications at the target accounts
- Provides product training on drives, motors, and motion control solutions
- Applies knowledge of competitive drive and motion products, esp. Rockwell Automation
- Works with Siemens Sales and Channel on generic and customer specific solutions, by properly recommending appropriate drive, servo, and automation products to meet customer needs to enable conversion and migration strategies
- Ensure that competitor and customer specific solutions are developed in an efficient and timely manner
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The following skills and experience are required for this positon:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 5 + years’ experience in Drives and Motion control application support and development with Rockwell equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be highly driven and self-motivated
- Travel can be 50-70% of working hours
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In addition, preferred experience and knowledge includes:
- Sizing Servo and non-Servo applications for variable speed drives
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Visio, some programming experience including C, C++, VB, VB Scripting or HTML.