Sr. Research Software Developer - Whole Body Imaging
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 211822
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
We have an opening for a Senior Research Software Developer position in Siemens Healthineers Research Center in Princeton, NJ. You will work the areas of computer vision, pattern recognition, and machine learning for medical imaging applications.
Software Developerwill be developing advanced algorithms for real-world medical applications. Our group delivers medical image analysis software applications for medical data analytics and understanding to support clinicians. We are well recognized for delivering cutting-edge intelligent solutions to medical imaging scanners and clinical applications.
Our group also has strong publication record in top tier journals and conferences.
• Convert scientific algorithms to pre-development prototypes with infrastructure/coding conventions complying with product standard
• Contribute to research projects by providing software architecture design and support
• Support prototyping, feasibility studies for exploratory clinical research
B.S. (with 5+ years relevant experience)/M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering, Electric Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field.
• Strong development capability in computer vision, machine learning and medical image analysis.
• Development experience in medical image analysis of different imaging modalities (CT, MRI, PET, etc.) is preferred.
• Strong programming ability is required. Proficiency in programming using C/C++, Python and Java Script preferred.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills.