HVAC Service Technician
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 211979
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
HVAC Technician/ Power Service Operator routine duties and responsibilities:
- Disassemble and assemble, clean, adjust, drain, charge, repair, and lubricate utility equipment in the utility buildings and other areas of the complex such as the pumps, compressors, blowers, refrigerators, and all HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all exterior condensers and related HVAC equipment.
- Repair minor refractory linings in boilers, repair refrigerant valves, change filters and filter media in HVAC related equipment.
- Install, repair and maintain insulation on piping, vessels, and equipment.
- Service personal gas masks
- Use hand tools, commonly required to install and repair thermal insulation. Utilize test equipment to operate, adjust, and maintain all HVAC equipment.
- Operate steam boilers, check water chemistry, adjust boilers, and make appropriate repairs.
- Operate RO/DI water treatment equipment and maintain and repair
- Install machinery and equipment using equipment and tools such as hoists, lifting equipment, hand tools and power tools. Dismantle and move machinery and or equipment using the aforementioned items.
- Operate forklifts and other power driven equipment as required.
- Work with materials necessary to fabricate, install, erect and repair metal guards and equipment
- Operate the Johnson Controls and Apogee systems and respond to local alarms in an appropriate time frame.
- Perform all GMM functions when needed. “Plumbing / light welding, brazing, etc.”
- Work from blue prints, drawings, schematics repair and operating instruction manuals, Perform other craft work when such work is either incidental to the primary assignment or such work requires the company to send another employee to the area to complete the work
- Work with thermal insulation materials, ammonia, lubricants, chemicals and various gases and refrigerants common to Building 16, Ammonia Refrigeration building
- Operate NH3 compressors to maintain overall temperature/humidity conditions in the manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain RETA certification for Ammonia Facility
HVAC troubleshooting, repair, general maintenance experience preferably in manufacturing/ industrial environment
Experience supporting Ammonia Refrigeration building