Director of Communications & Public Relations
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 212324
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Arlington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
As the Director of Communications and Public Relations you will be responsible for driving the implementation of Siemens Government Technologies marketing, communications and public relations activities. You will also coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions in the organization to increase employee engagement. Additionally, the Director of Communications and Public Relations will collaborate with Siemens to ensure consistent messaging and strategies to drive profitable growth in the Federal marketplace.
· Plan, develop and implement communication strategies to continue to position SGT as a thought leader in the Federal marketplace.
· Establish strong relationships with the business leaders to drive strategic marketing and communications initiatives to support overall business goals
· Define clear marketing messaging and drive implementation through multiple channels such as external market communication, thought leadership events, conferences, trade shows, social media placement and PR engagement
· Maintain standardized portfolio of presentation themes, messages and material
· Define and implement effective employee communications, promoting SGT’s culture and keeping employees informed
· Manage SGT’s Training with Industry participant, ensuring exposure to both SGT and Siemens business
· Implement an internship/co-op agreement with local universities for marketing and communications talent
· Partner with Siemens Corporate Communications and Government Affairs teams to ensure alignment with corporate guidelines and initiatives
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
· Minimum six (6) years of experience in roles with similar scope and engagement
· Experience working for and with federal/government contracting organizations
· Demonstrated success leading various projects that require analytical rigor and ability to make strategic recommendations based on analysis
· Proven ability to influence in a matrix organization
· Demonstrated ability to use structure and methodology to solve complex problems or questions and make clear recommendations that influence groups
· The ability to collaborate and work successfully with cross-functional teams
· Demonstrated ability to bring ideas to action
· Superior interpersonal abilities and communication skills (oral and written)
· Ability to work with a broad array of personnel across functions and at all levels
Security Clearance Must be a US Citizen and be eligible to acquire and maintain a government security clearance at the Secret level.