STAR CCM+ Training Curriculum Developer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 212637
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Other Locations: United States--, United States-Michigan-Detroit, United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
PLM Software STAR-CCM+ training group has adopted an engineering
approach to training that is focused on customer performance and this
initiative has resulted in growth in the training business. We are now
searching for a creative and hard-working engineer with experience in
CFD to join the STAR-CCM+ engineering training team.
maintaining training materials for STAR-CCM+ multiphysics simulation
and design space exploration training courses. The role will include
teaching computational fluid dynamics courses to customers in STAR-CCM+
classrooms and supporting delivery of custom onsite training delivered
by dedicated support engineers. The role will involve working with
subject matter experts to develop training content, assisting the sales
team with information about training products, and creatively
facilitating the customers’ learning experience in the classroom and
online. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a
dynamic environment are critical to success in this fast-paced and
broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature,
demonstrate good communication skills, excited and flexible to
learn new industrial applications of CAE then we would like to hear
focus on STAR-CCM+ and associated Multiphysics tools. He/She will work with
internal subject matter experts, documentation team members and other
training personnel to develop material for delivery in multiple
formats. Responsibilities include:
• Developing modern Multiphysics training content for multiple delivery
• Coordinating material development with subject matter experts using
advanced Multiphysics software such as STAR-CCM+.
• Adjust and assist with creation of customized training content.
• Train internal users to deliver content.
• Use advanced authoring tools such as DITA XML and Articulate 360.
•Engineering, mathematics, or physics degree.
• Able to conduct computational fluid dynamics simulations in
commercial CFD code.
• Able to effectively use PowerPoint for creating visually engaging
presentations and comfortable presenting in front of groups of people.
• Teaching experience.
• Training or course content development experience.
• Excellent English language communication and writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
• Attention to detail.
• MS or higher in Engineering or related science or math field
• Experience creating e-Learning content using a commercially available
content authoring tool such Adobe Captivate or Articulate 360
• Understanding of fundamental instructional design concepts
• HTML / XML writing experience
• Experience using oXygen XML content author