Software Applications Engineer - PreSales Consultant II
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 212978
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
competitiveness of Siemens by supporting and consulting all key
hardware aspects related to the Siemens Mindsphere platform. The
Engineer supports and motivates the customers and ecosystem partners to
enable data collection for a wide variety of use cases as identified
together with customers and partners. The role will also be involved in
development of Proof Of Concept (POC) pilots and Demo Setups supporting
marketing and business development.
and connectivity for partners and customers of Mindsphere.
• Must have knowledge of each phase of the lifecycle and should be able
to successfully lead and coach ecosystem partners and customers during
• Is familiar with Factory Automation, PLCs, Network Technology,
various communication protocols including (but not limited to) OPC UA,
• Independently performs leading-edge areas of work for the
• Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in
reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or
• Displays original thinking in applying principles, theories, and
concepts on a wide range of problems.
• Will be certified as Trainer for conducting enablement training to
internal & external partners
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science, including
software development background.
• Masters degree in business or related field
• Experience working with PLC and Industry Computer based data
• 3+ years of experience in systems development environment.
• Familiar with MindSphere and Data Services type ofbusinesses
• Familiarwith programming languages including Python, Java,
• Solid knowledge of communication protocols including OPC UA, S7
• Familiar with Condition Monitoring applications