Senior Manager - Manufacturing (Spares & Service)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 213404
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Snr Manager of Manufacturing (Spares and Service)
We are looking for a highly accomplished Senior Manager of Manufacturing to join the operations leadership team at our Flanders NJ facility. The successful candidate will take the lead role for our spares and service manufacturing value stream. We have recently expanded our facility to apx 310,000 sq.ft. in readiness for a significant increase in product manufacturing output and we are looking for a highly talented manufacturing professional to lead the early stages of volume manufacture and set the strategies to support the ongoing production and volume growth.
The spares and service supply Value Stream is a critical feature of our manufacturing portfolio and this role will be pivotal to the success of the product portfolio and customer satisfaction. The development of the manufacturing lines and the infrastructure to support the activity is in an embryonic stage. This is therefore an extremely exciting time to join our organization and play a crucial role in the architecture of the manufacturing layout and build a team of production line professionals.
The incumbent will take full ownership of the manufacturing Value Steam associated with spares, service and field support components. This will include an existing legacy spares and service support group and will require the vision to develop production lines for products that will support our new product developments. It is anticipated that output will continue to grow and as such this individual must be able to plan the strategy and support structures that will enable us to fulfill the market expectations.
Experience of expanding production lines, increasing output and establishing labor support strategies is therefore an ingredient that the candidate must have. The individual will ideally have experience of manufacturing electro mechanical diagnostic equipment’s in a regulated environment. They will also have experience of high complexity, mid and high volume output manufacture. For the right candidate, this will be an extremely fulfilling, high profile and challenging assignment.
Summary Role Description
- Head of Manufacturing Operations
- The fulfillment of all spares and service requirements. (for Legacy, Transferred and New Product lines)
- Working with the project team to design manufacturing lines that will meet customer demands
- Managing exiting product Spares and Service teams, and recruiting/building new teams to support new product requirements
- Performance of the Value Stream, adherence to demands and KPI reporting
- Management of a multidiscipline team estimated to be apx. 50 employees in 12 months time.
Requirements (Must haves)
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing management of high complexity, mid to high volume electro mechanical products.
- Experience of working within a regulated industry. (for example FDA).
- 8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferred Master’s Degree level applicant in a discipline relevant to the industry.
- A true understanding of the term “quality comes first” in all that they do .
- The ability to monitor and assess line capacity and capability. Specifically optimizing TAKT and cycle times..
- A continuous improvement approach and a World Class manufacturing vision (Lean). minimum green belt / preferably black belt or equivalent.
- The tactical and strategic vision to plan ahead, remove road blocks before they impact manufacturing output.
- The ability to use and develop meaningful metrics that track performance and drive improvements.
- A natural ability to manage and develop a diverse team of personnel with varying skill sets.
- First class communication abilities. Able to work with peers, accurately report status and connect with the direct reports.
- A natural ‘driver’ of production output to meet customer and market demands whilst meeting all compliance requirements
- Cost center management and budget control.
- Strict adherence to procedure and policy. Including the implementation of protocols and team training to achieve compliance requirements.
- Motivational approach (via KPI) to encourage individuals to meet deadlines and compliance.
- Manage resources and implement manufacturing strategy to achieve output in an efficient, cost effective way.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP systems.