Building Technologies Branch Support Intern (Pacific Zone)
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 213454
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
BT Summer Intern Program – Building Technologies Division
Just imagine the challenge – and potential – of supporting the efforts of a world-class innovation powerhouse whose products and services are considered market leaders in a variety of key categories.
What is the BT Summer Intern Program?
The Building Technologies (BT) Summer Internship gives you the opportunity to learn Siemens while offering you full exposure to the BT organization. You will gain an understanding of nearly all departments, business lines and rolls within BT, enabling you to understand where and how you may best fit within our organization. Under the guidance of a designated mentor, you will be immersed in Siemens products, technologies and culture, discovering what makes our company a global leader.
Through this extensive program, BT Summer Interns can expect challenging, meaningful experience in various areas of our business including Engineering, Project Management, and Technical Sales. Throughout the 10-12 week assignment, there will also be opportunities to participate in regular Lunch and Learn activities and structured trainings, all while developing professional skills and capabilities.
Participants who successfully complete the internship program will be considered for full-time opportunities in the Sales Development Program and/or Operations Development Program within the Building Technologies division upon graduation.
Through a career at Siemens, students and recent graduates will receive top-of-the-line training, develop professional skills and be at the forefront of engineering innovation. Here, the opportunities are limitless. Siemens provides a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
· Overall Cumulative GPA: 3.0
· Education: Current junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited technical school, college or university
· Majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial/System Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Construction Management, HVAC, Management/Marketing/Sales with strong technical or engineering aptitude preferred (majors vary depending on location/position).
· Permanent work authorization in the U.S. without sponsorship is required
· Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August
· Prior Internship or co-op experience
· Demonstrated leadership potential
· Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills
· Industry knowledge and/or interest