Human Resources Generalist
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 213495
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
• Partner with the organization by actively participating in managing the business and integrating the human resources function with business activities to provide value to the customer.
• Partner with the organization in leading the talent management process, including annual talent reviews and organization planning to accelerate leadership development at all levels in the organization.
• Develop and implement employee relations strategies, programs, and activities designed to enhance an environment that drives maximum individual and team success and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues
• Partner with the Business leadership team to increase focus on performance management to maximize employee contributions and to proactively address performance issues.
• Investigate and resolve complex employee relations issues in such way that balances organizational need and individual interests
• Counsel Managers and employees to be consistent with Siemens policies and processes.
• Facilitate change management initiatives and partner with the leadership team to effectively communicate business strategies, goals, values, and performance expectations.
• Travel approximately 25% of the time.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in related discipline required, advanced degree a plus. SPHR/GPHR/PHR is strongly preferred.
• 8-10 years of successful experience in a human resources business generalist capacity with successful demonstration of the key responsibilities as presented above.
• International experience preferred (e.g., working with International Management/co-Workers)
• The proven ability to work in a highly matrixed organization preferably in a medical device or IT related industry
• The proven ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneous.
• The proven ability to develop and leverage relationships with a remote employee population.
• The ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results and to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated, and able to interact with employees at all levels. Be prepared to also support and consult managers and employees in the administration, interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
• The proven ability to research and analyze information, make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
• The proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through routine and complex employee relations matters.
• The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.