SSP Software Development Student Intern (PES, Cypress)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 213753
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Product Engineering Software
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our Summer 2018 Strategic Student Program. Our internship positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available at our Cypress, California office in our Product Engineering Software Organization.
As an intern in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects will focus on Architecture and User Interface Development. The Architecture team builds tools and services to be used by all NX applications to ensure a common user experience across applications and platforms. Each successive internship in PES will expand on a new area of the software development lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
- Design, implement, enhance, and maintain software
- Immerse yourself in projects on Native User Interface software like command access, dialogs, theming, and UI toolkits on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Accelerate development in Visualization and Display software using OpenGL for cutting edge high end rendering, selection, and gestures
- Push the limits of New Technology through investigation, innovation, and integration with virtual reality, augmented reality, cloud architecture, and new input paradigms
- Champion requirements definition, analysis, design, coding, documentation, and quality assurance
- Develop projects with efficient algorithms and state-of-the-art technology
- Play a key role in utilizing object-oriented / structured programming techniques (and other software engineering practices) to ensure our product is high quality and the architecture is maintainable, modular, encapsulated, and expandable
- Contribute as a team member in setting future direction
- US citizen or green card holder
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters level student at one of our targeted universities
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field
- Junior or first year masters student preferred
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong coding skills in C++ or JAVA
- Commanding grasp of C#, Python, or Perl is a plus
- Knowledgeable in object oriented concepts
- Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Good problem-solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge of advanced data structures
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development