Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 214058
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
We are seeking passionate, and enthusiastic software developers and development managers to join the software teams at Siemens. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or just code to solve some of the hardest software problems, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing.
Work with cross-functional teams to develop products, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications. Perform research and development on new cloud technologies and methodologies. Develop best practices leveraged across Siemens PLM business segments for cloud development and deployment.
Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. You will work with technical leaders to refine our technical direction, and own design, implementation, and operation of core services, which support all Siemens cloud services. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Self-directed work on highly complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required
Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as:
· Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python
4+ years of professional experience in software development, with experience in one or more areas:
• Define, design and deliver a distributed automation platform for compute, storage, database, queuing and other infrastructure
• Understanding – web service development
• Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks .net, Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB
AWS / Azure Experience
• Proficiency (one or more years) in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure
• Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:
Cloud development experience
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
• Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
• Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
• Implementing cost control strategies
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
• Self-Directed, High Energy
• Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
• Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
• High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.