Rail Systems Project Manager
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 214277
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Siemens Rail Systems is seeking a professional Project Manager with a proven track record of managing complex projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of light rail projects ranging from $10M to $200+M in value and durations from 3-5 years. The Project Manager is responsible for project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include directing resources in a matrix structured organization, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. The PM is the focal point for customer communication for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Projects Director.
• Profit & loss for assigned projects.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans.
• Lead customer negotiations for changes in scope, cost and schedule.
• Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Develop and maintain customer relationships. Responsible for formal correspondence to and from the customer including technical submittals and change order proposals.
• Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external customers.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Identify and resolve issues/conflicts within the project team.
• Lead proposal efforts as assigned.
Support customer sales channel activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High school diploma or GED required.
• Required experience: 3 to 5 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects.
• Required travel: 25+%
• Other requirements:
o Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred education: Bachelor’ degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering relevant to rail locomotive and rail car manufacturing.
• Preferred past experience: 3 to 5 years of experience related to the construction of heavy machinery is preferred.
• Other preferences:
o Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, or manufacturing preferred.
o PMI PMP certification is a plus.