User Design Student Intern (LCS, SS)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 217043
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Arlington
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Seeking motivated, creative student who has a passion for User
Experience (UX). The position is a hand’s on opportunity to learn and
contribute to a growing UX group. You will be working with a
cross-functional team that includes UX Engineers, Product Managers and
Developers from across the globe. Looking for a future career in UX and
wanting to build your skillset and gain experience? This could be the
right opportunity for you.
Start Date: January 2018
Location: Arlington, Texas
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and conduct end-to-end user experience activities to support
internal, business process improvement projects.
• Support Agile UX design and development exercises within the
organization via related UX research, design and testing activities.
• Analyze internal documents, standards and guidelines, and translate
them to usable and effective means of consumption.
• Conduct UX research and evaluation methods, such as interviews,
surveys, heuristic evaluation, and usability testing.
• Develop user interface specifications, such as personas, interaction
design, work-flows and prototypes.
• Take on a project management role and other leadership
responsibilities of projects that you will be assigned to.
• Communicate design rationale effectively to wide variety of
stakeholders within the organization.
• Gather and analyze data from internal issue tracking system.
• Develop, maintain and analyze customer surveys concerning the quality
of existing products.
• Apply GOMS and KLM analysis to benchmark current product and to
evaluate designs for future product.
• Analyze and compare old and new versions of the software to measure
improvements over time.
• Create wireframes and mock-ups to communicate your ideas to a broad
audience for buy-in.
• Design comps and pixel perfect mock-ups to visually capture the end
state of the UI.
• Currently enrolled in a MS program in Human Factors, HCI,
Psychology, Visual Design or a related field.
• Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or
industrial design foundations.
• Willingness to "wear multiple hats" and do different UX-related tasks
in a team environment.
• Self-driven and comfortable communicating ideas, with the ability to
work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
• Experience with interactive prototyping tool. Expertise in Axure is
• Experience with visual design tools (Adobe Creative Suite).
• Experience sketching interfaces, creating wireframes, sitemaps,
• Knowledge of web interfaces and considerations around mobile devices,
usability, and accessibility.
• Clean visual design sense.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• A design portfolio that demonstrates solid knowledge of UX and design
principles is a must.
• Experience with Lean and/or Agile development approaches.
• Experience doing customer research and usability testing.
• Technical background is a plus.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to create exceptional user experiences for end users.