Service Technician - Engine Mechanic Specialist -Albany, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 217048
Primary Location: United States-New York-Albany
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Engine Mechanic Specialist to support our growing customer base primarily located in Albany, NY. This position may have responsibilities in any of six of the Siemens BT offices located in upstate NY (Potsdam, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Corning, Buffalo & Erie PA. We also service the state of Vermont and the Northern Counties of Pennsylvania). Your background and proven field experience with Commercial diesel and natural gas engines will drive your success in this challenging and exciting role.
• Dispatched to diagnose and repair electric power generation equipment including natural gas and diesel engines, emergency generators, transfer switches and switchgear at the customer's locations and Co-Generation facilities.
• Perform engine inspections and preventative maintenance.
• Conduct minor and major engine maintenance consisting of top-end and bottom-end overalls.
• Perform engine combustion/emissions diagnostic testing.
• Perform load-bank capacity testing.
• Respond to customer needs in a positive, supportive, and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed.
• Complete service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records.
• Provide an excellent customer experience as you perform your daily activities.
• Respond to after-hours emergency calls as directed by supervisor or an on-call schedule.
• Travel will often be required, as this position is part of a NY statewide service team with responsibilities for all of upstate New York.
Technical Job related Qualifications include:
• Associate's Degree in a directly-related technical field preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) and several years of comparable mechanic or electric experience will also be considered.
• Certifications such as Caterpillar Engine, Generac Commercial, EGSA, NICET preferred, although not required.
• 5+ years of relevant field experience, relating to large commercial natural gas or diesel engine diagnostics, and both corrective & preventive maintenance activities.
General Qualifications include:
• Desire to provide qualified, outstanding, professional customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• General computer and smart phone use knowledge for daily use of reporting applications and work order entry.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid and clean driver’s license in order to meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
• Able to operate applicable test gear and equipment as necessary for daily activities.
• Able to work independently or as part of a small team under remote supervision and reporting.
• Must be physically able to lift over 50lbs and work without restrictions.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive product training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!