Pressure Relief Systems Safety Consultant-TX
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 217255
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htmv
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
At Siemens the safety consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related consulting services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally. Technical excellence is a critical driver for our customers operations and success and a key part of our business strategy. To achieve and sustain world-class performance for our customer’s vital challenges in process safety, we must continuously improve our operations throughout the business, globally, while evolving the business to address market needs.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and analysis to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems. The candidate will determine the limitations and capabilities of process units and their pressure relief systems and recommend actions or mitigation plans. The consultant will work with a team of process engineers under the direction of a Project Manager to deliver projects of a consistently high quality to our domestic and international customers. The consultant will work directly with end users on technical aspects of the projects and therefore must be able to communicate technical requirements and deliverables clearly and concisely.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in process system design and analysis. The successful candidate will have proven experience in process system design and analysis. Experience in the area of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas processes including refining is a plus. Proven experience in common refinery and chemical processes is also desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Performs engineering calculations associated with pressure relief system design/analysis
- Develop overpressure simulations or heat & material balance using process simulation tools.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the area of Process Safety Management (PSM as defined in OSHA CFR 1910.119) with direct experience executing projects.
- Interprets data from piping & instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, plot plans, piping isometrics, mechanical design information, typical unit operation specifications, and electrical one-line diagrams
- Performs quality checks on projects before delivery to the client
- Provides new design specification &/or action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements so that the clients can operate in compliance with the regulations
- Knowledge of related industry standards
- Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining best practices and value proposition to support customer needs
- Attends and presents at specified industry technical conferences and seminars
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating environment or equivalent experience in an engineering consulting business environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; with ability to lead and influence teams, interface at various levels in an organization, and externally with clients within the industry
- Expected travel up to 25%