Business Development -Material Handling Industry
Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 217368
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Fort Worth, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Washington-Renton, United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Nationwide Position - Work Locations is Flexible
Siemens DF (Digital Factory Division) plays a key role in the growth of Siemens drives and motion control products by offering solutions for Material Handling to End users and machine builders. Due to continued growth opportunities, we are seeking a Technical Sales Business Developer for the Drives and Motion in the Material Handling Industry.
- Will set the vision and strategy of how we execute within the respective material handling market segments which would include conveyance, sortation, baggage handling, ASRS and others. This will be accomplished by developing and delivering the key material handling value propositions to leverage our Motion and Digital Factory product portfolio with the customers.
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing coordinated market strategies in alignment with the associated Digital Factory business units for the material handling customer base. This includes finalization of a Digital Factory playbook for material handling that can be delivered to our sales account managers and distributors. This will also include the development of a potential customer base in the material handling market.
- In order to convince potential customers to use Siemens equipment, the ideal candidate for this position will possess specific knowledge of motion applications and demonstrate knowledge of the different sub-segment machine types; the ideal candidate should also possess an understanding of the application of automation, drives and motion control solutions for the material handling industry. This person will monitor and report on competitors marketing, sales stimulation and innovations for the material handling segment.
- Develop strategic business plans to support market share objectives; develop advanced and leading-edge programs for assigned vertical segment. This person will be the key stake holder in the commercial relationship to the respective vertical market clients
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum of an AS degree in technical field. BS in /Electrical Mechanical Engineering, 7+ years experience in lieu of BS degree.
- 5 + years experience in either an applications engineering role in the motion control, drives and automation product manufacturing field.
- Experience working with customers on quotes, proposals and solutions development
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 35% both domestic and occasional international
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience with industrial machinery or other automated equipment preferred.·
- Business development and/or sales experience within the material handling industry with strong industry knowledge
- Experience in Robotics or related field is preferred.