Sr. Sales Applications Engineer - Security Systems - Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 217628
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Sales Applications Engineer to support our Security Sales Group located in Florham Park, NJ. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Sales Applications Engineer is to support the sales executives with estimates and pre-engineer complex integrated systems including security, intercom, and IT infrastructure. Project take-offs, specification interpretation, conceptual drawing creation, and associated activities are all part of the day to day expectations of this position. The focus for this role is on large high rise low voltage opportunities for the NYC market and smaller systems in the surrounding metro area (NYC and Northern NJ).
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Accurately estimates labor and material job costs and provides technical support and advice to Sales and Operations teams
• Acts as external liaison working with clients maintaining high level of customer satisfaction
• Develops and maintains engineering design and pricing resources for field sales teams
• With sales, operations and project managers, completes site walk-throughs to determine specific client needs and ensure project requirements are met including safety standards
• Designs complex integrated systems including
• Assists sales by providing project labor and equipment costs, counts, ensuring part number accuracy and assembling permit packages
• Values projects by product and installation and assists in developing project scope documents (prime to subcontractors and vice versa) using quote software
• Provides operational and troubleshooting advice as needed
• Provides subcontractor assistance by evaluating customer site system requirements and accurate job estimates
• Researches and develops alternative, improved solutions when possible
• Maintains all job folders
• Facilitates project closure turnover meetings between assigned sales and operations employees
• Stays abreast of and educate others on new product information
• Develops and maintains resources for sales and operations team including technical library, cut sheets, manuals and vendor product information
• Assists in establishing pricing including verification of subcontractor/vendor costs
• Represents Siemens to community, professional and governmental groups including interaction with federal, state and local officials and professional organization representatives
• Maintains and increases technical knowledge and competence in company products, applications and services
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Engineering Technology preferred, however a combination of education (H.S. Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum required) and experience will also be considered
• 5+ years technical background in security products and installation.
• Strong organization, project management and communication skills and ability to make professional presentations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point
• Must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.