Materials Logistics Specialist 3
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 217685
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Memphis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Position: Warehouse Process Management
· The position is part of the CSML AM Warehouse Process Management organization and is responsible for identifying and isolating process problems, developing solutions, effectively documenting improvements, and managing initiatives and projects leading to service level and cost improvements. The CSML AM Warehouse Process Management organization is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of our World Distribution Center (WDC) and Depots. The WDC and Depots are owned and operated by a Third Party Logistics (3PL) provider. Together we are responsible for ensuring timely accurate flow and storage of service parts for all Healthineers Business Lines. Position has regular interaction with all functions within CS ML, functions within Customer Organization, our 3PL, GSS, and at times the Business Area. The position reports to the Sr Director of Materials.
· Monitor day to day warehouse processes and KPIs for timely and accurate receipt and delivery of service parts.
· Work closely with Leadership to improve processes and ensure that operations are meeting customer expectations.
· Identify areas within the warehouse processes needing improvement and develop plans to make those improvements.
· Manage initiatives and projects to improve warehouse performance and cost.
· Document and communicate requirements to our 3PL.
· Conduct assessments and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of changes in warehouse processes.
· Conduct regular reviews of 3PL performance and improvement initiatives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· A BS in Business or Logistics and/or equivalent logistics related work experience within a warehouse environment.
· Prior leadership/management experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of WMS functions and processes including picking strategies, slotting, velocity profiles, receiving, directed put away, and cycle counting.
· Demonstrated knowledge of typical Warehouse KPIs.
· Demonstrated knowledge of SAP modules that support Logistical Operations.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and/or Access with the ability to quickly organize, analyze, and action large sets of data.
· Ability to investigate and resolve complex logistical problems.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work across multiple functions and to communicate effectively through various media.
· Demonstrated experience with Lean Continuous Methodology.
· PMP Certification is a plus.
· APICS certification would be desirable.