Staff Software Engineer (Database Engineer)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 217904
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
- Education required
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree
- Experience required
- Must have, at minimum, 5 years as a Database developer or administrator.
- Competencies required
- Design & Implement data access layer for Medical diagnostics application
Architecting, building and maintaining Modern Data pipelines on Azure platform.
Experience with Azure Data Factory, Stream analytics, Power BI and Azure Data Lake,
Experience with data mining using R or Python and data transformation using U-SQL
- Experience with Azure Databricks is a plus.
- Implement and test optimized data access layers using stored procedures, views and functions.
- Utilize available SQL techniques to efficiently fulfill business needs (Set based logic, Ranking, aggregation and windowing functions, bulk data processing, XML , Service broker notifications, backup, Restore, Reporting , ETL, and data Integration, SSDT, SSIS and SSRS).
- Conceptualize and execute new ideas to keep the database healthy and efficient
- Have good knowledge of SQL-Server Internals and Strong T-SQL skills .
- Provide formal documentation when reporting on database matters.
- Duties include :
- Addressing complexity by favoring modularity and simple-blocks implementations.
- Designing Database Transaction Strategy
- Designing and managing concurrency and transactions scopes.
- Database Performance Tuning and monitoring.
- Hardware sizing and data storage optimization.
- Close interaction with C# developers to implement Business rules, support UI features
- Own the overall database agenda and roadmap.
- Additional required qualifications
- Attention to detail with no compromise on quality.
- Keen on collaborating and promoting team work.