System Engineer - Building Automation Solutions - Cypress CA
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 218009
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
- Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
- Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- May create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve-and-damper schedules, Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
- Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job-related information.
- Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
- May perform some field activities as required.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: 1-3 years of engineering /systems or other related experience.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. AutoCAD preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation from standard tools, products or practices.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without a current or future need of sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Associate’s Degree in Electronics, HVAC, or other technical field preferred.