Traveling Biomarker Production Specialist
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 218220
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
As a traveling Technical Support Technician, qualified candidates must be prepared to travel 4-5 days a week to perform complex biomarker production and quality control functions at multiple locations including set-up, operation, routine checks and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment. This includes cyclotrons and chemistry modules, performance and documentation of all quality control processes.
***Please note that this is primarily a traveling night shift role at PETNET Solutions Manufacturing Facilities; flexibility to work alternative shifts required***
* Perform complex compounding, manufacturing (cyclotron and chemistry module operation) and quality control processes(utilizing analytical equipment TLC, HPLC, GC, under supervision as required by State and Federal law
* Participates in complex inspections, maintenance and troubleshooting to support manufacturing and testing processes and equipment
* Implement approved SOP changes to production and quality control processes
* Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly PM checks of Cyclotrons, Chemistry Modules, and QC Equipment as per the SOP's
* Oversee routine logistics functions including preparing product for shipment, coordinating courier schedules and documenting as necessary
* Identify opportunities for efficiency in the production process
* Maintain a clean, clutter free facility and well organized production area and workflow
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
* Provide exemplary customer support and may be asked to provide technical phone support to PETNET Solutions Manufacturing Facilities
* HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
* Detail oriented with strong critical thinking skills
* Ability to work independently
* Basic computer skills such as spreadsheet, word processing and e-mail
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Must be willing and able to travel at minimum 60% of the time.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
* 1-2 years of experience in a related role.
* Active Pharmacy Technician License or ability to acquire.
Ability lift up to 100 lbs