Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 218362
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
Biochemist II Position
This Biochemist II position is in the Walpole Technical Operations for the China Manufacturing project to support the transfer of ADVIA Centaur systems and Attelica immunoassays to a new China manufacturing site. The position will play a leadership role in performing technical studies as required by the China manufacturing project. This position will participate in the training of Siemens colleagues who will be based in China in order to learn Technical Operations job functions and responsibilities, and will eventually support the China Technical Operations group investigations into manufacturing issues.
- May lead a team or directly perform technical studies including feasibility, characterization, verification, and validation as required by the China manufacturing project
- Participate in planning of technical studies, develop and write protocols and reports.
- Create and participate in the design of experiments (DOE) to troubleshoot and solve technical issues.
- Work in the laboratory running ADVIA Centaur systems instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- Participate in cross-functional team to provide technical support for preparation of DHF, DMR and other documents required for the technology and manufacturing transfer.
- Coordinate and perform data analysis, summarize testing results, and present studies in cross-functional teams.
- Perform analysis and compile summaries for data or information required for the technology and manufacturing transfer.
- Participate in training of Chinese colleges to support the China Technical Operations group investigations into manufacturing issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or Life Science. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 6+ Years job related experience.
- Strong background and experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
- Proven ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Strong work ethic and be highly motivated to work independently with high energy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent written and communicational skills, and the ability to work as a team leader.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and statistics software.