Substation Automation Engineer
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 218552
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Siemens Infrastructure & Cities (IC) Sector is focused on providing answers that last for America’s aging urban infrastructure by offering solutions to make cities of all sizes more sustainable and competitive. With more than 18,000 employees spanning across the U.S., Canada, and Meso-America, the IC Sector is comprised of five divisions: Building Technologies, Low and Medium Voltage, Mobility and Logistics, Rail Systems and Smart Grid. The IC portfolio includes complete traffic and transportation systems, intelligent logistics, efficient energy supply and environmentally compatible building technologies. Siemens also provides ways to modernize the way power is transmitted and distributed to enhance the smart consumption of energy. For more information on the Infrastructure & Cities sector, visit http://www.usa.siemens.com/infrastructure-cities/.
The asset services and substation automation systems group located in NC is looking for a Substation Automation Engineer to support Siemens customers in the application,, and commissioning of substation automation systems and applications that incorporate Siemens products. The engineer will also develop new application solutions with IEC61850 and provide technical support on Siemens supplied automation systems.
- Provide technical support, training for Siemens substation automation products
- Develop applications for Siemens substation automation products
- Help Customers with testing and commissioning of our products
- Present our technology to Customers and Siemens personnel
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Applied knowledge of
- Communication Network Technologies, including design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Communication protocols such as IEC61850, DNP, Profibus, OPC, Modbus
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the following vendors' substation automation products and associated software packages: Siemens/GE/SEL/ABB
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Minimum two years experience in the Protection and Control Engineering field.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in the power industry, including applied knowledge of electrical engineering, schematics, one and three lines
- Adept with Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of ANSI standards, IEC standards.
- High Voltage, Distribution and Generation applications experience, working for Utility and Industrial customers.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following vendors' relay products and associated software packages: Siemens/GE/SEL/ABB
- Technical knowledge of numerical protection relays and applications
- Computer technologies knowledge
- Microsoft Project
- Project Execution experience
- Team Lead/Project Lead experience
- Panel Design and Test