Manager Materials Planning & Delivery
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 218563
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Mobility Division of Siemens AG is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
The Manager of Material Planning and Delivery will lead a team of planner-buyers in tactical purchasing to support manufacturing of light rail vehicles, locomotives, and passenger coaches to meet project requirements for on time material delivery. This position requires a strong leader with the drive to succeed in a complex, multi-project, engineer-to-order environment supporting multiple functional areas.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Maximize on time material availability across all projects and departments.
• Responsible for management of 10 or more Buyer/Planners.
• Plan, lot size, release, confirm, and expedite planned purchase orders to meet required material delivery dates.
• Analyze MRP and project schedule data to identify potential material shortage issues well in advance, and initiate appropriate corrective action as required.
• Establish, manage and meet clear department goals, objectives and KPI’s. Set priorities and ensure performance of employees to meet department goals. Perform employee performance reviews.
• Develop and implement effective training plans and training materials for new hires.
• Develop and maintain standard reports to provide a clear representation of material status and other related information required for effective management of the business. Provide regular status reports to all stakeholders.
• Improve internal process compliance and control through analysis of available data.
• Monitor demand forecasts and adjust supply when required.
• Interface with Strategic Purchasing, Enterprise Scheduling, Manufacturing Department Managers, and Project Management teams to provide analysis and input regarding project material requirements and status, including problem mitigation strategies.
• Establish clear standards for communication with suppliers for confirmation, status updates and problem resolution.
• Personally engage problem suppliers to resolve specific schedule and delivery issues as required.
• Ensure the timely resolution of invoicing and receiving problems with Receiving, Accounting, and Inspection departments.
• Support MRB function in dispositioning and returning nonconforming material to suppliers and ensuring MRB data integrity.
• Drive overall process improvements in tactical procurement and MRB activities.
• Support inventory audits of WIP.
• Manage excess and obsolete inventory.
• Support projects and management with requested ad-hoc reports.
• Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5-10 years of management experience in a tactical purchasing role.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and application.
• Key user level MRP experience. JD Edwards and/or SAP are a plus.
• Expert in MS Excel, proficient in PowerPoint.
• Management Skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities across projects.
• Commitment to meeting schedule despite obstacles.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to high quality work.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work aggressively to complete work on time.
• Able to collaborate and work effectively with others, as well as independently.
• Ability to make sound business and production decisions when faced with a degree of ambiguity and complexity.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.