RAMS Manager R&D - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 218613
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Do you want to be part of a team of great people and help to develop safe, secure and reliable products and systems for the rail industry? Do you want to help to develop innovative products to protect people and the environment, keep railroad operation safe and make it more efficient? Do you want to join an Engineering company which offers many growth opportunities nationally and internationally? Then please apply for the position as RAMS Manager in Research and Development!
The scope of the job incorporates RAMS management throughout the entire lifecycle of product development, from a use case definition, RAMS planning over requirement clarification, design, software development, hardware development, test, validation, field test, pilot projects, product qualification, safety case to independent safety assessment.
Using the customer requirements and the country-specific legal basis as well as the standards to be applied, you will establish the system requirements with regard to reliability (R), availability (A), maintainability (M) and safety (S). These form the basis for design of the system to be supplied or the application to be developed.
Close cooperation with configuration, development, validation, assessors and approval authorities is imperative to ensure that work is performed efficiently.
- Execute and oversee RAMS activities, support System Engineering and Requirement Management, lead and participate in customer-facing meetings.
- Support all R&D activities with regards to PTC products from the Requirements phase through design and implementation providing guidance from a RAMS perspective. Execute and document the product level Hazard Analysis through the phases of PHA, FMEA, SSHA as well as O&SHA as necessary.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- At least 4 years of experience in Safety Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience regarding Reliability and Availability Analysis
- Sound understanding of the Locomotive and/or Office Segment of Rail Automation
- Familiarity with the CENELEC standards (EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129 and EN 50159)
- Solid working knowledge and experience in executing Fault Tree Analysis and Hazard Analyses
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- German language knowledge
- Familiarity with ITC-PTC standards and specifications
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 236
- Attention to detail
- Technical writing
Not familiar with Siemens Mobility? Check out this video to learn more: