Senior Fire Sprinkler Inspector - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 218752
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
The Senior Fire Alarm Inspector performs assigned tasks on Fire Life Safety systems.
Tasks to include minor repair, as well as visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems and field devices in accordance with all national and local standards.
Maintains complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed and will be required to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
Experience in fire alarm testing, basic knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems, and sprinkler system knowledge is preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Minimum 2 years experience performing fire inspection, testing and maintenance service.
• Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical fire alarm components.
• FASA/BASA Certification Required.
• NICET Level II Certification. (Equivalent experience will be considered if candidate is pursuing NICET Level II Certification.)
• Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings.
• Knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems is desirable.
• A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of low voltage electronic systems.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan