Electronic Installer I - Commercial Fire Alarms/Security Systems - Louisville, KY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 218811
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintains documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures. Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls. Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
· Performs or assists with installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with automatic building control systems, fire management, security CCTV, audio and energy management systems. May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
· Installs or assist with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with fire, security, and energy management systems. Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performs interlock wiring as required.
· Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up. Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication. Disconnects and dismantles electric/ electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site. Level II: Above plus assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers.
· Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings. Responds to service and warranty calls and performs preventative maintenance and routine inspections.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
· Trains and assigns work to Electronic Installer I. Senior: Above plus assists with electrical and electronic estimating, ordering and acknowledging job material orders, and job scheduling. Provides evaluation feedback to management regarding Electronic Installer I and II.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Excellent conduit/pipe running skills.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with installing low voltage/HVAC controls, Commercial Fire Alarms/Electronic Security Systems.
· 1-2 years of related experience.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.