Diesel Engine Field Service Technician
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 218868
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
The Diesel Engine Field Service Technician will maintain our SIEMENS ACR44 diesel locomotives as well as plan, organize, coordinate and represent Siemens Rail Service on site to the customer. In this representation, the Field Service Technician will proactively support our customer in a professional manner. The Field Service Technician will also assist the customer service department providing details on customer related inquires, involving Mechanical department concerns. The field service technician will interact with Transportation, Engineering and Dispatch for safe, cost effective and efficient operations of the railroad. The Field Service Technician provides technical advice in order to enhance equipment reliability of the Siemens locomotive fleet. This includes working on: restoration and resolution to equipment failures, semi-complex equipment installation, modifications and repairs.
• Ensures to provide high quality technical advice to the reliability team to enhance equipment reliability of a new locomotive fleet.
• Needs to be responsive and supports completion of any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests. Non-conformance issues are identified and improvement recommendations are made.
• Responsible for planning on local site level.
• Ensures proper communication between the customer and the service team.
• Provides feedback to the Customer Service department regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues.
• Responding and supporting to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests.
• Assists other technicians in assigned troubleshooting and repair works.
• Participates in shift work and On-Call assignments/schedules as required.
• Performs mainly pre-defined, technical tasks (for example, basic commissioning of products and systems, integration of components to a system, basic engineering, maintenance jobs) and work packages on-site and remotely.
• Coordinates and accomplishes defined service operations and/or resolves product issues for customer’s equipment.
• Adheres to defined processes and applicable regulations.
• Responsible for material transactions and local warehousing.
• Responsible for local facility needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency.
• Must have 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment related to electrical work.
• Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements.
• Able to read technical documentation and electrical schematics.
• Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
• Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products.
• Must be computer literate to work with the different locomotive service applications, developed by OEM and suppliers.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo and Cormap.
• Required travel: 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Background or formal training in Quality tools e.g. six sigma.
• Ability to apply Standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and increase efficiency.
• Aptitude to understand technical information.
• Ideally will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning or other rail related experience with an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.