Senior Project Manager
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 218944
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Coordinate between customer, contracts, supply chain management, technical leads, and individual contributors in the development of Statement of Work, proposals, and Work Breakdown Structure.
• Provide the primary point of contact for the customer and management team regarding all aspects of the assigned products/projects.
• Develop project plans detailing all aspects of a product/project required to achieve delivery.
• Track projects according to plan, prepare variance reports, and prepare formal EVA/EVM deliverables.
• Coordinate generation of technical inputs for bid and proposals activities.
• During the execution phases, schedule and chair recurring meetings to ensure efficient communication among project members and ensure project milestones are met.
• Bachelor’s degree is required. An engineering discipline is preferred.
• PMI PMP certification is required and must be obtained within 6 months.
• This position requires 5 to 8 years experience including various assignments in design engineering and/or project leadership positions. A background in software development is highly desirable.
• Experience with project management processes, including project definition, requirements definition and analysis, resource planning, work breakdown, scheduling, critical path management, risk management, and earned value.
• Excellent organization skills to ensure that projects are supported in a comprehensive and organized fashion.
• Understands financial and accounting principles.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office applications, including MS Project.
• US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
• Experience managing projects using the Earned Value method.
• Experience with the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI).PM