Fire Service Technician - Fire & Life Safety Systems - Las Vegas NV
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 219014
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Las Vegas
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
- Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
- Coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office. Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
- Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements. Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues. Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
- Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
- Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency.
- Required travel: 20%
- Required experience: Hands-on electrical service experience and the aptitude required to successfully learn, install, and maintain fire & life safety systems.
- Other requirements:
- NICET Certification Requirements. (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Level II Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months of hire; State or local fire alarm planner or contractor license as required by state regulations within 24 months of hire.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Preferred education: Associate’s Degree in Electronics or related field.
- Preferred experience: Experience installing or maintaining fire & life safety equipment.