Mechanical Systems Architect
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 219056
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Individual will lead Design Team on all proposal deliverables pertaining to mechanical design and layout, and assist in the generation of all proposal drawings and conceptual layouts, as well as participate in customer presentation of proposed solutions.
• Lead Design Team in generating CAD design concepts that are technically feasible and construable with proven technology applied which can meet aggressive schedules with reliable cost considerations.
• Lead Design Team in the development of technical proposals which can include product demonstration, development of product prototypes and interactive technical discussions with other baggage handling experts, including, but not limited to third-party consultants, Owner’s representatives, and installation subcontractor entities.
• Lead in the development of work scopes relating to the associated solutions for multiple construction trade packages, receive, investigate and respond to all subcontractor questions.
• Updating technical specifications as they relate to individual baggage products and total system solutions, as well as maintaining working knowledge of third-party supplied equipment.
• Resolve the most complex technical sales support problems and answer both customer requests and generating detailed product and specification questions.
• Individual should be a recognized technical expert in the design and implementation of complex automated baggage handling systems.
• Develop cost effective Mechanical Systems for all Bids & Proposals including selecting OEM system components, input on pricing estimates, manpower plans, scheduling activities, phasing, commissioning & test methodologies and specification (including PGDS) compliance.
• Write specifications, user’s manuals, and enter other data to fully document engineering designs and assist procurement with parts ordering and supplier selection.
• Represent the company in customer-facing meetings concerning bids & proposals while supporting the sales team.
• Up to 20% travel is required.
Performs leading-edge mechanical design and conceptualization as part of the Airport Logistics Systems Design Team. Will proactively mitigate potential conflicts and provide effective solutions by applying concepts, techniques, technical knowledge and processes. Must demonstrate proactive and “out of the box” thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range complex system design challenges.
Education / Experience /Skills
• 5-8 years experience in the design, implementation and commissioning of complex mechanical systems solutions for large-scale Baggage Handling System as per the requirements of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and its associated Planning Guidelines and Design Standards (PGDS).
• AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Project and Microsoft office skills required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.