Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer – Healthcare Analytics Application
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 219178
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthineers is on a mission to drive the Healthcare transformation that will help provide hospitals and patients with better care and outcome. In this role, you will be part of the worldwide development of efficient, outcome-driven and more personalized healthcare service delivery.
We are looking for backend software developers who can help us catalyze our applications using our advanced machine learning capabilities. He/she should be passionate and empowered with the skills to optimally manage, process and discover data.
What are my responsibilities?
· Design and develop core, backend analytic software services and components
· Design, develop and configure systems for a variety of deployment scenarios (Cloud, on-premise)
· Create high performance web services
· Configure and use Azure / AWS cloud services
· Conduct design and code reviews
· Analyze and improve efficiency, performance, scalability, stability, and security of various systems
· Test, benchmark and validate implementation against specifications
· Liaise with internal customers and external collaborators on technical requirements
What skills are needed to qualify for this job?
· 5+ years of professional systems engineering experience a must
· Expert in high performance, scalable database design (SQL, MongoDB…), and search technologies (e.g. elastic search)
· Expert in scalable computing and systems programming (load balancing, network and low level optimizations, http / https, DNS, TCP/IP etc.)
· Computer science fundamentals in data informatics, data models, algorithm design, performance benchmark techniques, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Strong knowledge in network security measures, with a strong grasps in managing cascading failures, and conducting fault injection testing
· Working knowledge of Cloud based DevOps within Azure, AWS or on premise systems
· Deeply cares about best software engineering practices and code quality, including good code architecture, test coverage strategies, performance benchmarking and optimization.
· Ability to quickly prototype components to confirm design trade-offs and subsequently translate to robust specifications and product quality components
· Proficient in one or more software development and operating environments such as Team Foundation Server, git / gitlab, MS Visual Studio, Windows / Linux
· Knowledge and understanding of medical image and health records standards such as HL7, DICOM, FHIR, SNOMED a big plus
· Outstanding communication (written and verbal) , collaboration, interpersonal skills in English a must.
· Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34