Field Service Engineer
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 219268
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 80%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Specifically looking for candidate(s) with experience in power transmission and distribution on high and medium voltage equipment relays
This position will primarily support the South Central Region, with maintenance I&C, commissioning activities and troubleshooting emergent electrical issues.
This position may be called on to support new unit installations and commissioning activities throughout Siemens.
• Demonstrated knowledge of power transmission and distribution systems required
• Must have experience with Switchgear, MV or HV Circuit breakers
Knowledge and/or experience with SF6 Gas circuit breakers, metal clad/vacuum switchgear.
Knowledge and/or experience with breakers or high voltage equipment testing, including analyzing test results and equipment condition assessment
• Must have experience in troubleshooting & repair of electrical control circuits
• Must have very good organizational skills to plan work scope, personnel and equipment logistics
• Two or more years of directly related equipment experience
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint, experience with project management software, a plus.
• Must be familiar with OSHA safety practices and perform duties within specified guidelines to ensure safety of self and supporting crew
• Must be highly motivated and a team player; must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must be available to respond for emergency and relief assignments